Try out this recipe if you would like to make a delicious and cheesy fish pie in a short amount of time!
Serves: 2 Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1kg white potatoes
- 400ml milk & 2 tbsp for mash
- 25g plain flour
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 25g butter & 1 tbsp for mash
- 50g prawns
- 2 salmon fillets, chopped
- 1 haddock fillet, chopped
- 30g cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and chop potatoes and boil until softened.
- Drain the potatoes, mash and add 2 tbsp milk & 1 tbsp butter. Add salt & pepper to season.
- Add the flour, butter & onion to a pan and heat until the butter has melted, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Gradually add the milk, bringing to the boil and stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove the white sauce from the heat and add the mixed fish
- Layer fish mix in a dish and top with the mashed potato
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling
- Serve with peas & sweetcorn