- 1kg white potatoes
- 400ml milk & 2 tbsp for mash
- 25g plain flour
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 25g butter & 1 tbsp for mash
- 50g prawns
- 2 salmon fillets, chopped
- 1 haddock fillet, chopped
- 30g cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Peel and chop potatoes and boil until softened.
3. Drain the potatoes, mash and add 2 tbsp milk & 1 tbsp butter. Add salt & pepper to season.
4. Add the flour, butter & onion to a pan and heat until the butter has melted, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
5. Gradually add the milk, bringing to the boil and stirring continuously until thickened.
6. Remove the white sauce from the heat and add the mixed fish
7. Layer fish mix in a dish and top with the mashed potato
8. Sprinkle the cheese on top
9. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling
10. Serve with peas & sweetcorn