The next time you want to try a yummy vegan dish, try making this quick vegan lasagne!
Serves: 2 Time: 45 minutes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 punnet mushrooms
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tinned chopped tomatoes Garlic, oregano & basil to taste
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1-2 tbsp spelt flour
- 250ml cashew milk
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Lasagne sheets
- Nutritional yeast and/or vegan cheese
- For the filling:
Fry onion in 1 tsp coconut oil with garlic, oregano & basil. Add mushrooms, celery, red pepper, courgette & aubergine chunks.
Fry until browned, add tomato purée & chopped tomatoes.
- For the white sauce, Add dairy free butter to a pan, once melted add the spelt flour and keep stirring until it forms a paste.
Gradually add cashew milk until a source forms. Add a pinch of sea salt & black pepper to season.
- Add 1/2 the vegetable mix to a dish, layer with lasagne sheets and pour over 1/2 the white sauce. Top with the rest of the veg mix, another layer of pasta & top with white sauce, making sure all of the pasta is covered.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and 35g vegan cheese (optional)
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.